Monday, December 28, 2009

What is it like to be married to a Police Officer?

Please let me know if you are a spouse or if not, then how your point of view comes into play in regards to your answer. Thank you.What is it like to be married to a Police Officer?
The officer will be gone a lot--sometimes at the last minute if something 'big' happens before the end of their shift or if the next shift is short-handed; they could out on what can be dangerous calls--robberies or hostage situations where others involved may be armed; not all officers have partners so they could be alone if they get into a bad situation. Be prepared to spend some lonely times or have them miss family celebrations (birthdays, anniversaries, kids plays, etc). They deal with a lot of stress in their jobs and frequently have no way to release the stress. Law enforcement personnel have the highest domestic abuse, divorce and alcoholic rates than any other working percentage.





I am not the spouse of a police officer but I've worked at a police station and one of my friends is married to an officer. I've been with her when she's been afraid for his safety, when fellow officers have been shot (surviving their injuries) and when fellow officers have died in the line of duty.What is it like to be married to a Police Officer?
I am not married to one but I know the statistics say that those marriages are more likely to have domestic violence and other problems caused by stress. I'm sure there are some good marriages but I think you need to know the risks and both be working to make sure that respect and safety are maintained in the marriage.
I am not a wife of an officer.But I have heard that cops seem to grow to big of an ego,and some can be very abusive.Needing to be in control of all that evolves around them.But I'm sure there are super good husbands that take the job with the compassion that it's suppose to have,and not about power trips.There for make wonderful spouses.
he will be gone a lot, and in a lot of danger. It can be lonesome.
I don't know but it sounds like sex would be real good. LOL. a guy in uniform, YIKES.
  • revlon lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment