Thursday, May 13, 2010

How to persuade my mum to let me get married to my fianc茅?

He's 17 and in his basic training for the British Army and I'm 16 and at home with our 4 week old daughter, she doesn't think we should get married even though we have been together for 4 years... What should I say?How to persuade my mum to let me get married to my fianc茅?
Tell her it's what's best for your baby and relationship. Also tell her you guys feel very strongly about each other and can get married when your 18 whether she likes it or not. That's what i'd do.





*PS: your baby has a very pretty name :)How to persuade my mum to let me get married to my fianc茅?
Well. I am sure mum means well. But seriously think about the long run of it. Just because you have a kid together doesnt mean you should get married. However 4 years is long time. Maybe you should sit mum down and talk to her heart to heart. Is the any law where you live about becoming and emancipated minor? Which means you'd be able to become legally undependent from mother. Youd have to ahve a job and your own place to rve your mature enough, just something to look into. But really mum loves you and just wants to look out for you. Just let her know you are doing it because you love danny and iona!!!
I would listen to her. Marriage is 50% more likely to end in divorce when the participants are under the age of 24. Four years is a long time, but you'll change more from 16 to 20 than you have from 12 to 16. You have a lot of growing up still to do. Having a child doesn't make you an adult. It makes you a parent. Your mom wants what is best for you. Stay with your boyfriend and wait it out. If, when you're older, you still want to marry him, go for it. But I wouldn't rush into it, especially not at 16.
personally.. there's a part of me that agrees with your mum... BUT if i think about it... you already have a child together... and the worst possible scenario is that you will marry and the marriage fail.. Like a rather high % of the rest of the community anyway....





so.. I THINK I would give you a chance... you are already always going to be linked by your child... so what's to lose??
If you're on here asking total strangers for advice on how to talk your Mommy into letting you get married, then you clearly aren't ready. Wait a few years, grow up some, and then you can do it without her permission.
if you two love eachother, theres nothing she can do.


either you'll stay as boyfriend and girlfriend until youre 18 and can legally get married, or youll get married now. tell her that.

No comments:

Post a Comment