Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Would it be easier for me to get married before or after my boyfriend joins the Coast Guard?

My boyfriend and I are planning to get married around the time he goes in- either right before or right after.


But we don't know anyone in the Coast Guard, so we don't know which situation would be more complicated.


Is there anyone that's been in a similar situation or has friends that would know what we should do?





Thanks!


KTWould it be easier for me to get married before or after my boyfriend joins the Coast Guard?
Getting leave after he first goes in is a real pain. Honestly if your going to get married anyway, get married before he goes in. Remember the military doesn't give two nickles about Fiances or GF they only take care of spouses.Would it be easier for me to get married before or after my boyfriend joins the Coast Guard?
i say do it before if its like the other military branches cuz you get bah... which is money for living exspeses... im not sure if you do get it plus he might get another pay for being married... so look into it.... cuz yall might get more money that way....





if not its up to you guys... are you planning on running to the county records and getting married or a big wedding with family... if its the later then youll want to do it before so you can have family there otherwise youll have to wait for him to get leave days
Get married before. As others mentioned you get extra money, a bigger place to live and other benefits. Do it before, even if it is a small wedding. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment