Thursday, May 13, 2010

U got married last year and still havent changed my last name. How do I start doing it?

I got married and still have my maiden name. I want to change it. How do I start? ThanksU got married last year and still havent changed my last name. How do I start doing it?
lol You and me both! I got married July last year and STILL haven't gotten around to my name change. Well, I don't know if it's different in every state but here in PA I was told to take our marriage license back to the courthouse with $10 to get another certificate. This certificate will allow for our name change. I have to take that certificate with me to the SS office and DMV. Now if I can find the time to get to the darn courthouse again! hahaU got married last year and still havent changed my last name. How do I start doing it?
You go to the social security office with your id, your marriage certificate, your birth certificate, they'll do the rest. and then you need a new id, new birth certificate.. oy. it was a pain.
In the UK all you have to do is start calling yourself by your new name - no legal formalities. However you will need to inform post office, bank, passport agency etc
Bring your marriage certificate to a Social Security office, they will do it all for you
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment