Thursday, May 13, 2010

What is the average age men and women get married in your culture?

And what culture or background is that? In my culture, for girls, starting from 18 to about 25, and for men about 24 to 30. That is the south Asian Culture.What is the average age men and women get married in your culture?
It's different everywhere here in North America. Some marry when they are very young, around 14 with parental consent. This usually happens in the south, or in some cases all over the U.S. I also know of others that didn't marry until they were 40 or older. The oldest marriage I ever personally witnessed was of a 74 yr. old man and an 81 year old woman. This was their first marriage for both of them. But in the U.S., as generations get older, it seems that we are marrying later and later. Back in the 1950's for example, they would probably get married when they were 17 or 18, then in the 1960's and 70's hardly anyone married. Now, in the 2000's, I see more people getting married in their late 20's, early 30's for both women and men. As societies change and grow, so do the cultural norms for such things as that. I personally will probably not marry until I am at least 30 and ready to have children. My upbringing was with a single mother, so marriage doesn't play such an important role in my life. However, I have noticed that children who grow up with only one parent tend to see marriage as unimportant. This is only observation and opinion based on countless encounters with such things. Since I was raised that way, I tend to notice it more in others. My boyfriend was raised by a single father, and he feels the same way I do. Hope this helps you get a better idea. Cheers!What is the average age men and women get married in your culture?
I'm ';white bread'; USA and we seem to be getting married at older ages now. Most men %26amp; women are in their mid to late 20s or even later.
twenty five for woman and twenty eight for man, are you ready
In India a woman can marry at 18, a man at 21. You're right, men women usually marry younger (18-25) and men after 25. Men are very pressured to have a decent job and stability before they marry, women are less required to have a job, but many are now waiting to marry until after they gain a degree from a university, so the marrige age has been pushed back lately. In the Middle East women marry from 15 to 25, but usually no later than that. It's seen that younger you marry, the better. The same requirements for men (job and stability), are found there as well.
I think nowadays in Western culture people are waiting till they are older, many people want to have a career with a good wage before they settle down, just the same as kids, many people are waiting till they are much older so they can afford to provide a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment