Thursday, May 13, 2010

Should a married bartender take off his wedding ring?

If a married man is doing bartending at a bar, is it wrong of him to take off his wedding ring at work so ladies think hes single and he gets tipped more?





Should a wife be offended if her husband wants to hide the fact that hes married to make more tips?





Opinions anyone?Should a married bartender take off his wedding ring?
i'd be upsett about it. he shouldn't hide the fact that he's married for any reason.


besides, after the women get drunk the won't notice a ring anyway or care. i can't imagine that the tips are all that different weather he wears it or not.Should a married bartender take off his wedding ring?
It is definitely wrong. All it will do is create more work for him, as now he has to fight the girls off. So in essence he would not be able to serve as many people, and therefore not make as many in tips. The other factor is that its brings tension inside the house, as the wife will not take kindly to such an action.





He should be able to make the tips with it on. Flip the script, if a woman, takes her ring off as a salesperson to make more sales, how will it reflect upon her ability as a salesperson??





If he can't make a proper drink, or string a sentence together and his family is starving, then maybe, otherwise, hell no.
I used to bar tend and would remove my ring all the time. It's not like you can't see the spot on my finger when it's off. I took it off because I was constantly doing dishes, cleaning things, reaching into the cooler, etc. It was just easier to do those things without bumping it on everything.





As far as doing it to attract women or tips, each to their own, I guess.
If it's a really busy bar with high volume and meaningless chit chat, I don't see a problem taking it off. But if it's your local neighborhood pub where you have a lot of regulars and conversation, that would be different.





If it would upset the wife, I wouldn't like it. But married bartenders can have just as much appeal. Depends on the mixologist.
Yeah she should be because if he takes it off at work for a few tips, he's more likely to take it off on other questionable occasions. Look, unless a person's wedding ring poses a hazard to their well-being at work ie electrical work, there should never be an excuse for it to come off. But that is just my opinion.
A ring is not enough to keep a man faithful on or off. I never wear a ring except when dressing up, but there is a big ring of love around my heart that keeps me true to my mate. there must be more going on at that bar, if the bartender is flirting, working the female crowd, he is just a snake. So ring on, ring off. a true lover never needs it. The false lover will never care about it.
No he shouldn't. I think that most women in a bar don't care about a ring. I mean lets be honest you don't go to one looking for love you go to one to get drunk and/or laid. I don't think a ring has anything to do with tips, if you do a good job you get tipped.
No, if he's a good guy then he is just doing it in the interest of money. Unless you're rich I don't see a problem with selling out just a little to get a little extra cash. He should use the extra change to take his wife somewhere nice.
Doesn't all the money go to their household?


Up to the married couple.


If they both discussed this matter thoroughly and both are grown up about the reasons and backgrounds, it should be OK.


The shallow costumers are the ones who'll be pissed. :D
no he shouldnt take off his ring! if he's a GOOD bartender, they will tip him anyway, regardless of if hes single or married...eye always tip my bartenders depending on how fast they serve me, and personality..eyeve never even LOOKED at their finger...hes taking off his ring so they'll flrit with him...a guy wearing a ring only stops ME from flirting, not tipping
Should you wear safety glasses while in chemistry class?!





I think so!





I mean look what happened to poor Carol..





http://file035b.bebo.com/12/large/2007/0鈥?/a>
if it were me ... I would take it off for the sake of more tips ... she would have to understand that it is a part of my job to increase my wages anyway possible
NO! Hell no!


Of course he shouldn't!





If I was his wife I'd be p*ssed off if he'd take off his wedding ring.


I mean, it's not like he's going to get fired if he wears it, so what's the problem?
no lol, plus the s*uts these dayys like a challenge.
If his only reason is to get more tips, than his wife should be supportive. Provided that is his ONLY reason for doing it.
YES- that wife better be pissed! No - he should not take off his wedding ring at all! Being married is not going to lessen one's tips!!!!!!
Nah, don't worry about it. It's just for the tips after all.


My parents have been happily married for 26 years my dad has never worn his wedding ring.
I would do it for the tips. Also all the drinks and stuff you dont want it getting tarnished.
I was bartender before... do you have any idea how many glasses I broke when I kept my wedding ring on? At least 200.


So I doubt that's why he has is ring off.


Did you ever think about that??
He'd probably get more tips if he did.


Which in that case, why should his wife be upset if he's bringing home more money?
No he shouldn't
He should NOT take it off...how disrespectful to his wife!
How much are willing to sacrifice for ha bra? ;)





And aint that really what love's all about anyways? sacrifie... remember your vows? ask her what she thinks.
i dont think he should
yes,


I think that is very shallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment