Thursday, May 13, 2010

I was married only a few months when I left. What am I entitled to when I get the divorce?

He was verbally abusive and had a drinking problem.I was married only a few months when I left. What am I entitled to when I get the divorce?
I don't think that you will get anything.I was married only a few months when I left. What am I entitled to when I get the divorce?
You are entitled to only half of property accumulated during the time of marriage only. So if you were together for a few years and got property, that doesn't count. If you had children and you get custody of them, you should get child support. I wonder though why you married him in the first place. You had to have known of his addictions and behavior before hand so why did you decide to marry? Not that I have any right to know the answer to that though, but it is something you should be considering yourself. The judge will ask the same question. You should also think about what you think you are entitled to, then most likely, divide that in half.
What is it you are looking for? Better question would be why did you not see any of this before getting married?





You are entitled to half of what you two acquired after getting married, or if you were contributing to something he owns prior to getting married.





Sounds to me like you are looking to stick it to him, so I would suggest you better get a lawyer. No guarantee that you will get any more, but the courts are set up to favor clients with lawyers. That is so they can keep their tidy little business profitable.
Probably nothing. Usually your entitled to half the property accumulated during the marriage and support (if you have children). Since your marriage lasted only a few months, most judges would simply have you take your own possessions and split the any remaining bills accumulated or items purchased or received during the marriage.
This is gonna depend on how hard you fight...Ya'll were married~it doesn't matter how long. Also, if you live in a ';Community Property'; state. Check your state laws and see what they say about it. You could very well be entitled to half of everything. With him being abusive and an alcoholic-it's his fault for the divorce- YOU be the first to file for divorce. This makes a difference.
I would think nothing,





Alimony and such is designed to keep you in the lifestyle you have grown accustomed to.





Three months is hardly enough time to get accustomed to a certain lifestyle. nor do i even think that you would want to stay accustomed to that lifestyle in the first place.





Cut your losses and move on. that would be the best thing for you.
It depends.... you will not likely be awarded alimony because of the extreme short amount of time you were married. However may still be entitled to half the marital assets depending on your state laws. Best to check with your county courthouse to see what the laws specify.
The only thing you will be entitled to is half of what you two have accumilated during the marriage. EX half house car bills etc. Also child support if you have kids for him. And also if he cheated on you and can prove it you can get interim spousal support.
What for!!!!!!! not at all





http://www.reviewlocator.com/reviews/sur鈥?/a>
nothing.





if you have children, child support.





just be happy you're alive and safe.





you wont get a dime though.
Half of anything you obtained together during those few months if anything. You should have known about his vices before you married him.
I assume you knew he was like that before marriage what makes you think your entitled to anything? Marriage doesn't make someone a better partner!
I was married 4 months the first time and left with what I came with. I didn't want anything....Mine sold drugs and abusive but I wasnt entitled to anything.
Depends on the state in which you reside. If you can leave with what you came into the marriage with- then run don't walk.
Sounds a bit greedy. You were only married a couple of months and you left, why should you be entitled to anything?
nothing.
Your walking papers
Sylvia,





Answer: What ever the lawyer says you get !





Better luck next time ....
Nothing, you get what you came with.
nothing move on

No comments:

Post a Comment