Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am a permanent resident who recently got married to a veteran?

My now husband was in the navy for 4yrs and is now a veteran and we got married last year and I am a permanent resident. What benefits do I get for being married to him.I am a permanent resident who recently got married to a veteran?
As his legal permanent resident spouse, you would be entitled to the same benefits that a US citizen spouse would.





Veteran Benefits website:





http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/dependents/spo鈥?/a>I am a permanent resident who recently got married to a veteran?
So you are permanent resident before marrying your vet (4 year navy) husband!





No benefits whatsoever. His veteran pension is not divisible property, is not reportable, and does not pay tax. He gets med benefits (maybe), and in some states can get a few other benefits. I guess one benefit you get (assuming he's honorably discharged, is the ability to be buried on a military cemetery. You might also be able to get a housing, or loan benefit through him so when you and him buy a home it might be a little lower interest or you might pay no money down.
4 years? Nothing.





Now, if he were still on active duty, and he got orders to an overseas duty station, your application for US citizenship could be fast tracked. Instead of a wait of about a year it would be done in a week or two.
Hi, Can you please elaborate you question a little bit more? What kind of benefits are we talking about? Health Benefits? I'm confuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment