Tuesday, May 11, 2010

If married, how to file taxes without spouses ex getting your return too?

I'm married and am looking for a way to file my taxes without my husband's ex getting my taxes (as she gets his) for child support. They automatically take his tax return every year and I don't want them to give her mine!If married, how to file taxes without spouses ex getting your return too?
Have you tried married filing separately as opposed to jointly? All I know is that you get a little less in your tax return but I believe that you and your husband get separate returns therefore, she can't touch yours. Nor should she. Good luck - hope this helps!If married, how to file taxes without spouses ex getting your return too?
she only gets it if there is a judgement against him and you can file seperately so she cant see it. i would look at his divorce decree and make sure that everything is as it should be. and if you do it right he can lessen his return if he wants if you look at the marginal tax scheme that we have if you file 1 then you get charged at a higher tax rate to make sure you pay what you need. you can pay at a lower tax rate through the year and try and come out 0.00. talk to a tax expert to see how you can do that.
File separate!
File separately. I always do.
file married filing separate return instead of filing married filing joint return

No comments:

Post a Comment