Sunday, May 9, 2010

Being married, how do you handle advances from the opposite sex?

I'm nothing special in my own eyes, but I get hit on often by women. I like women, a lot. However, I am happily married. It's difficult for me to turn down all the opportunities. How does it make you feel to get hit on and what do you do about it?Being married, how do you handle advances from the opposite sex?
In most situations, I know very well how to make myself unapproachable. Many people have told me before they spoke to me or talked to me they thought I was a complete ice queen. I intentionally do not make smalltalk with people, and if they try I usually ignore or pretend it went over my head. Also, I don't make eye contact with people I don't know. It usually sends a pretty clear message that I am not interested in anything they have to say. Of course, this is just how I navigate through the world of strangers.





In situations where I can't just be totally removed, like at school or work, I tend to still use the 'huh, what are you talking about,' approach. It allows everyone to save face pretty effectively. If I ever do come out of that approach, I usually revert to blunt honesty. But that would be incredibly rare for me. In fact, that is so rare, it's now virtually extinct. I don't let people in easily; I'd have to really think they were interesting or worth it.





I can't really relate to your situation, because I keep myself very removed from people intentionally, so it's not difficult at all for me to ignore opportunities. Most people couldn't interest me if they devoted their entire life to doing so. This isn't because I'm so great, or la di da, BTW, (although I am :) ) I just think differently than many, and I've been around extraordinary people my whole life, so I'm difficult.





Sorry for you. You probably won't get very many helpful answers from women, because we have pretty much learned to handle this by age 13, so it's pretty instinctual by adulthood. Good for you for trying though. Hope it works out.Being married, how do you handle advances from the opposite sex?
As someone who followed through with an advance, I can tell you it is SO NOT worth it. Just think about what would happen if you did something about those advances. You would hurt yourself and your wife, most likely break up the marriage and this other woman probably wouldn't have even been worth it, ESPECIALLY if she knew that you were married...
usually when i get hit on its by creepy people so i ignore it anyway, but your a guy, guys have a pretty big sex drive if you ask me, lol i had 7 brothers, just try your best to ignore it and take it as a compliment
I personally just laugh. There is not much you can do. I ask myself this question is it worth losing my family over this???The answer is always No.
A marriage contract is a contract between two people and other people, please do remember. You seem to have a problem with that one.
The few times it has happened, I just ignore it and then make myself scarce. I limit opportunities to see that girl anymore.
It is always flattering. I just thank them for their offer and tell them I am happily married. As much as some men may be tempting... its definitely not something I am interested in.
Makes me feel great, and opportunity knocks when you least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment