Thursday, January 21, 2010

Can a man be happily married to a chronic liar?

Is there a ';cure'; for this type of person who lies as easily as she breathes? The woman's spouse knows about the lying and has recently found out about an affair. The couple has young children so they are going to counseling and trying to make the marriage work.





I'm asking other seniors because we have been around long enough to have seen it all and heard it all before. Your opinions please.Can a man be happily married to a chronic liar?
The question describes my ex totally . and the younger daughter was the same .


I lasted 28 yrs ,because i learnt to understand her and why she was like she was.


It was a complete dismissal of any error on her part she believed totally in her lies and her right to do it , there was no guilt to deal with she never had any ,


Its as if she lived in a different world , she had so she believed the absolute right to achieve her wants and her needs were paramount


But she also wanted her family life as well as her escapes with male paramours .


I really think that all of her life was a big game with separate sections for mummy, wife, lover, Business woman , Secretary ,PA . Loving daughter. %26amp; sister.


I was just there to be daddy for the kids . and repair man for the cars and the house, %26amp; lover at home for me if she thought i was getting too edgy.


Sex was always her way to settle any doubts about her stories.


She got her jobs as Secretary /PA because she lied so well for her bosses to customers .


Her only skills were good typing %26amp; filing otherwise.


As for lover she was never exactly enthusiastic .


The divorce was a relief from hell.





THE last few years i dint care very much just got on with my old house renova and enjoyed the peace .Can a man be happily married to a chronic liar?
The short and sweet answer is NO, he cannot be happily married to her.


But he may for reasons we will never know, choose to stay married to


her.


In my opinion, the key here is the children. You say they are young.


If he were to proceed to a divorce, there is no guarantee that he could


gain custody of them, and even if he did, he is in a better position to


judge the effect it would have on them.


There may be a cure, but I doubt it will happen.


Maybe he's just doing what's right for the kids, and she's doing anything


in pants.
Even if she stops lying and tells the truth reliably from here on, her reputation will be ';LIAR';. No one would (or should) believe her, even if she stood in the rain and said, ';It's raining.'; Instead they would think, ';What does she want this time?';





Some people will excuse a liar, and say, ';Well, that's her reality, but each of has a different reality.'; That's simply not true. There is one physical reality, and she has no good connection to it.





Those who have to deal with her must devise their own ways to isolate their own lives from her.
I couldn't live with a liar. When you live with a liar you're living with a stranger because you don't know who they really are.


I've never heard of a cure for a pathological liar. I've lived with one (my stepson), his mom is one and I did quite a bit of research on the subject.


I hope this woman is the exception to the rule mainly because of the children.
If the children are young, I hope they do not pick up their mother's habits. . . I would seriously seek help for the woman if it were just to verify the fact that she is a habitual liar, and then I would be seeking a lawyer and getting a divorce and custody of the children! She is way too unsteady to even be around them . . To me, liars can't be trusted with anything. .including children !
Probably not, but he has been with her for a while and knows what she is like so it will be his decision. The real problem will be what the children learn and suffer because of her being deceitful. I have a sneaky in-law and her children have learned sneakiness to a perfection.
Everyone has a different idea of happiness. And we each have different means to that end. True happiness can only come from within, so what another does, or doesn't do, may have little bearing on being truly happy, content, or at peace with oneself.
That is hard for all concerned . how sad they can throw their mates and kids out the window with such silly behavior. With little ones you are really setting a bad ex-sample and I would hope if it were one of mine they would straighten up and fly right.
as far as i am concerned a liar is in the same category as a common thief. how can anyone trust someone is a liar and especially a compulsive liar. i would Rather be alone. who need someone like this in their lives?
That poor man is going to have to live with tension and anxiety. Never knowing whether everything is okay or not.





I don't think she can be ';cured';, and I feel sorry for those kids.
I don't think so. It would be like living with nobody. How can you talk to a person seriously if you don't trust what they say? He might consider getting the junk out of his trunk.
We had a neighbor like that once. It did not matter to her hubby,he just took it all in stride and loved her just the same. That I know of she never had an affair. Poppy
No, I don't think so. And nor can a woman be happily married to a chronic liar. Divorced him and now much happier!
-what does she lie about that he is a sex God with a giant gold credit card?


Most men could handle that lie told about them.
I couldn't live with a man I couldn't believe. If I can't believe him, I can't trust him either. Pathological liars cannot be cured. It's a sickness. End of story!
You can watch a thief, but cannot watch a liar.


I could never live with a liar.
No he cannot be happy with such a wife. There is no cure for a liar, or a cheat.
NO! This is the ';voice'; of experience speaking/writing. That is all I am gonna say also. NO!
A liar like this must be a nightmare to live with..


There is no cure for these folks and in my experience


liars never change...
Well, Hillary is still married to Bill. I don't know if they are happy though.
No he will never be happy, but pray for her and get her some therapy
I can't Speak for her but I can honestly say for myself I did not sleep with that woman
my wife swears shes only 35 and we do just gr8!
i couldn;t .


you should send her for help/
  • facial treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment