Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can I be sure if he married me for green card?

I have seen so many red flags warning for last two years and he has been emotional abusive to me ever since. We got married in December 2005 in Philippines and he is filipino. So, I told him that I want a divorce. He said, please wait till he is getting a green card. Why was he being so manupaltive or controlling to me? I have a feeling that he is after for the green card. What do you think?How can I be sure if he married me for green card?
We see so many Philippinos who come here to marry a USC. They don't care if they are old with one foot in the grave, or if they are dying...all the better. Once they get here they stay married long enough to get the green card or their citizenship and then they bring tons of family members over. You can even buy these brides on line. I have had a beautiful young 18 year old girl standing in front of me, and when I look through her packet the dude she is coming to marry is 70 and scary looking. I've asked, ';Do you love this man';. They just look at you some even begin to cry. This crap is arranged by their families as a why to America.





My take on your husband, yes he wanted a green card.How can I be sure if he married me for green card?
Screw him. If he is a jerk, to hell with what he wants. Get your divorce and get him out of dodge!
leave him now. he wants the green card, and if you stay with him any longer then he will get it and not be deported like he should be.
I think your initial instinct is right on the money. He wants his Green Card and when he gets it he will s h ! t all over you because of your kindness. If I were you I would file for divorce immediately. Try to do it behind his back where he won't retaliate against you.





Good luck.
G-R-E-E-N C-A-R-D
Sounds like he just wants the green card.
Yes he wants a green card !!!! make sure you dump him or you might be in trouble !!!!!!!! cuz if the immigration people see that it's a fake marriage you will be in trouble !!!!
Hello green card.
Do you really need us to tell you what is going on with your marriage?


You should be the one know about this.


Screw his green card. You said he is ';abusive?';


Go to USCIS office, tell them your story.


They will deport him.
he is,, if you divorce before the grren card is issued,he goes back to his country and if it's after,he'll be able to stay here.If you see and know the red flags,, don't avoid them.
Why did you ignore the ';flags';. Dump him, send him back from whence he came, what are you waiting for? He has no love or care for you, you were a ';means to an end'; Get rid, report him, get him deported. How many times do you need to be abused before you wake up? Men love to be ';in control'; even the best of them, wake up woman, are you not worth more? Why the h**l would you choose to be with someone who treats you so badly?
He might have married you for the green card, or maybe not. But he is mistreating you and if you want a divorce you should get one.


He would probably only act worse once he got the green card, and you really don't need to spend your time doing favors for men who don't treat you the way you deserve to be treated.
im sorry but it seems like he wants the green card and nothing else dont give him that chance!
I think you are in a one-sided relationship and you are on the losing side. If all he wants is the green-card then you should get something; a clean house everyday, foot rubs, cooking, make him do something for you!
of course,so whats your next move?.
yep, he wants a green card....dump him now dont let him have it.
Well if made that statement asking you to wait till he get his green card before he will divorce you, chances are he married you only for the reason. SORRY
Kick his *** to the curb. That's where you USUALLY put your garbage, isn't it?
I think it is a big leap to say he just used you to get the green card. He may care about you and just be horrible at showing his affection, he wouldn't be the first guy to have that problem.





If he does care and he knows that you want a divorce, it is logical for him to want to wait until he can stay in the country.





Either way, you need to do what is right for you... not him.
Of course he married you for the green card. He's as much as told you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment