Saturday, January 23, 2010

How long did you stay unhappily married?

How long did you stay?


Why did you stay?


What made you finally work up the courage to leave?How long did you stay unhappily married?
I knew after the first year. I was pregnant when we married and gave birth to a full term still born. It was terrible. My husband was not supportive or excited about the baby. I was crushed. I knew then and there that he wasn't a family man and I wanted a family. I asked him for a divorce. He claimed he loved me and wanted to spend his life with me. I told him I wanted children and we started trying again. He didn't get too excited about this baby either.....We were married for 24 years. We had three children together. I did everything, he did his own thing. After the death of our son who was 20, I realized that there was nothing left for me with this man. We didn't feel the same way about our son and I couldn't grieve with him. When I got married, I made a promise to him in front of a congregation of family and friends and I thought it should be forever. I tried my best, that is for sure. I guess the turning point for me was when my husband said he didn't want to do anything special to mark the first anniversary of the loss of our son. Our son took his life so he didn't feel like it was worthy of remembering him in any special way. Wow.How long did you stay unhappily married?
I was married for 4 years most of which I was very unhappy. It was an abusive situation in every way and although I struggled to save the marriage I realized it was never going to be a healthy relationship. Did the counselling, sought support from the church, did a lot of research by reading you name it, I tried. Unfortuantely, it was a one sided situation--not being treated as an equal, being objectified, told it was my fault that I was so unhappy, not to mention the physical abuse. I was making plans to leave but my husband was arrested for assault so currently we are separated. Emotionally, I left the relationship 2 years ago. I'm now looking forward to restoring the joy I once felt and am on my healing journey. I will never allow it to happen to me again.
married two years, unhappy two years. working on getting out right now with the help of weekly therapy. i married him, he cheated before we got married several times ( i knew about one time) and found out after the wedding it was more. now he is getting abusive and he still lies.


why i stayed? i felt i needed him. he made me feel special, or so i thought (yeah...i know). i have lost all my self esteem with him and thought i cant live without him. its pathetic and sad, but this what happened and i cant leave without help.
I have been married for 30 years. Stayed in the marriage for the children. Now they are grown, an my excuse seems to be the grandchildren now. He loves me, an I don't want to hurt him. But, I would like more attention, an things in common. These days men are hard to find that are decent, an want to treat you as a lady. So, I am still married in my 50;s. I know the clock is ticking, an still have no answers. He supports me money wise, but he his more of a roommate, except when the moment moves him to say something of my interests. So, it is hard, an I feel for you.
In my last relationship, I would guess one year. I was unhappy right in the very beginning but at the time I was pregnant and thought it was the right thing to do. I thought love would come in time but it never did. Instead I had nothing but misery the whole time. My ex only cared about himself and his own needs. When I was sick he treated me like I was not even human. I got well again within a year and left him and moved back to my home state. I felt like a gray cloud had been lifted off of me.
Will be 25 damn years in couple week . Too afraid to leave ( financially , safety , and kids ...) Now , the kids older and aged made me realized that life too short ...But , so sad I am still stuck ...
So far, almost 5 years.
Hope I don't go down that road.
1.) Way to long


2.) My children


3.) The B@ tch left us. ( Thank you God for answering at least ONE of my prayers )
which one?

No comments:

Post a Comment