Sunday, January 17, 2010

How do I divorce my husband who resides in Ghana? We were married in Ghana?

We have tried many times to get him here in America but the US Embassy in Ghana isnt allowing him to get his visa. I refuse to move to Ghana and a marriage can not work or be good when a couple resides in 2 different countries. It seems that a divorce is our only answer. This would allow us to move on with our lives. So if any one can tell me how to go about a divorce with a foreigner whom I married in their country I would appreciate it.How do I divorce my husband who resides in Ghana? We were married in Ghana?
hire a lawyer and learn from your mistakeHow do I divorce my husband who resides in Ghana? We were married in Ghana?
Why is he applying for a visa? If you are a resident of the US, he should apply for a residency based on a marriage with you. Did you really try everything to give up on this marriage? Did you consult with the immigration lawyer? I would say not to give up until you tried everything.
I know its not relevant but why did you marry him in Ghana, if at the end you don't even want to live together either in the US or even Ghana?


You don't just marry for fun or did you hope he would give up his home for you?


Sorry, just my opinion.


And yes consult a lawyer, but you are probably better of to get divorced in Ghana, might be quicker and cheaper than the US.


Good Luck


btw:


i'd love to know how you solved it in the end, pls send me a mail, Thanks
Get a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment