Saturday, January 23, 2010

Married men: How do you reconcile the fact that because you mow the lawn or rake a few leaves here and there?

it means you don't have to pick up after yourself or help clean the inside of the house?





Because we live inside, not outside afterall.Married men: How do you reconcile the fact that because you mow the lawn or rake a few leaves here and there?
Don't forget that clearing the snow off of the cars doesn't mean that they can sprinkle their urine all over the toilet.Married men: How do you reconcile the fact that because you mow the lawn or rake a few leaves here and there?
I've been married for 12 years. I do just about everything 'outside' the house. When I'm busy, sometimes my wife does weeding and gardening.





As far as my wife goes, she does most of the 'inside' work: wash, dishes, etc. But when she'd busy, I do it.





We don't really have a set agreement, but when something is out of balance, one of us complains (usually rightly so) and it gets fixed.


Communication is everything. Not whining or playing games.





There are times when my wife is busy I do all the housework: cook, clean, wash, kids to bed..





There are times when my wife will pick the trimmer and trim the lawn.





Advice: If your spouse can't get up off their duff to help you out when you're busy or overwhelmed after you've let them know. I would recommend counseling or some outside help.


THIS STATEMENT GOES BOTH WAYS!
Q: How many men does it take to clean the toilet?


A: None. That's women's work.





Seriously though, I do the following:


- Mow the lawn


- Rake the leaves


- Shovel the snow (and we've had a lot this winter in Ontario)


- Pick up after myself (and herself and the kids)


- Laundry (although I usually leave the folding to her, because she is a stay-at-home mom)


- Load and unload dishwasher


- Cook supper a few times a week





And, yes, I even clean the toilet (after all, being a beagle, I drink from it). Happy?
Maybe you need to put some perspective on your complaint. I don't know any details on your situation or relationship, but compared to a lot of posts I read here, this is a pretty minor thing. If he provides for his family, is faithful, and responsible otherwise, if he loves you and takes care of all the rest of your needs, how big of an issue is this really? I know you don't want to feel like he is taking advantage of you by expecting to pick up after him, but your choices are to nag him - which will only cause friction, pick it up yourself - which frustrates you, or pick a time that you are both calm and relaxed to talk about it. Don't turn it into a fight, don't be sarcastic, explain to him in a loving way how much it helps you when he picks up after himself. Make him feel he is doing you a favor, don't make it feel like his mom is giving him chores.
So let me understand - you do everything, then you whine and piss about it, then you do it again, all the time giving him sex whenever he wants it? YOU ARE REWARDING HIS BAD BEHAVIOR.





Big grownup men who are mature cook, do chores, and clean up after themselves because even if no one else was around they would do it anyway.





Little candy-@ss momaa's boy babies want their wives to be live-in sex maids.





Sorry you married the wrong guy.





If you want it to change, stop giving him sex whenever he wants since that's all little candy-@ss momma's boy babies understand.
How do you reconcile your completely dismissive, unsympathetic, unempathetic, and totally self centered attitude?





Is it not possible that you have a long history of reshaping other people's responsibilities in order to play the victim?





And is it your plan to encourage your husband to clean up more, by nagging, whining, complaining, belittling, and crying about it?





Have you even attempted support, kindness,generosity, warmth, and an honest request that was not drenched in sarcasm, veiled threats, and personal expectations?





Would your husband agree?





Good Luck!
Ha this got the troops angry! Obviously everyone is different, however a lot of marriages that sound like this. Distribution of chores is always a pain in the a$$. I do pretty much all the inside chores (cooking, dishes, vacuuming, laundry). It's not because I like to do it, it's because if I don't it typically won't get done. Or it will take days to get done and it won't get done very well.





I also do most of the 'regular' outdoor work (garbage, sweeping, weeding, dog poop) while he does the 'once in a while stuff' like Christmas lights, car maintenance, hanging blinds/curtains etc.). Doesn't seem fair does it? Bringing it up always turns into a fight. I think we need to learn to train them better or suck it up and accept it. Just demand he work harder in bed! That always makes me less angry about it ;)
My husband does pick up after himself. However i really do not find it necessary to ***** if he doesnt... He does enough other things to make up for things he may forget to do..... This is why they say marriage is 50/50 , however it is not always going to be that way, and it shouldnt bother either to do a little extra when necessary to help out.





I personally prefer to do the cleaning because i like it done a certain way, therefore i do not ask nor do i ***** if he does not help.
Everyone should clean up after him or herself. And inside chores can be distributed fairly. For instance, my wife makes a mess out of the kitchen and then does the dishes. She asks me to put the clean dishes up in the cabinets. I can do that, no problem. If she needs assistance cleaning inside, that's fine. If I need assistance cleaning outside, she better shut off the damn TV and get her a $ $ outside and help.
My husband pays all the bills and provides well for us.





My income goes to extras for myself and the boys, and I save the rest for the benefit of our family.





I wouldn't dare expect my husband to clean the house. He has the lawn, the garage and car maintenance. My sons have chores and the rest is my responsibility.
Because I do more then just the outside.....Do you work on your own car? Did you pay off all of your spouses debt that they had coming into the relationship? Did you buy your spouse a house by using the money from your previous house that you owned without them? Did you give your spouse your NICE car that you owned before meeting them and take there junker? I HAVE DONE ALL THESE THINGS FOR MY WIFE PLUS I PAID FOR THE WEDDING ALL WITH MONEY I HAD BEFORE MEETING HER....Is it too much to ask to have dinner ready for me when I get home 2 nights a week? Is it too much to ask to help clean the house that we both share? ( I do clean up after myself and clean the house) Is it too much to ask to be appreciated as a man in a world where we are always hated for one reason or another?





MARRIED COUPLES LISTEN UP....SELFISHNESS COMES FROM AND EVIL HEART. WHAT HUSBAND OR WIFE WOULDN'T WANT TO HELP EACH OTHER WHEN BOTH HAVE JOBS AND ARE TRYING TO MAKE A LIFE/LIVING?





I CAN TELL YOU FOR SURE THE ANSWER IS A SELFISH PERSON!
Well, I rake, mow, shovel, vaccuum, do dishes, do laundry, do dusting, do some of the shopping, make dinner and a lot more (after working 8 hours.)


What do i get? ';sorry honey, but all your doings' have left me tired just watching you, maybe tomorrow night...';





somehow, it just don't make sense...
Then you can start to mow the lawn, rake the leaves, and do all those things outside and ask your man to cook, clean and stay inside. Does that make you happy now? If you think whatever your man does is easy, then you do it. In a marriage, we need doer not talker.
My husband and I have an agreement. He pays all the bills and he does the Outside of the house. I do everything on the inside of the house.





Pretty damn fair since I am not pay the mortgage if you ask me!
I can't reconcile those things. That's why I do pick up and help clean the inside of the house. I do dishes, vacuum, do laundry and other stuff.
I pity him, being married to someone as controlling and critical as you are.
Would you mow the lawn or rake a few leaves while he pick up after himself inside house?
Who is keeping track?





If you love someone, you shouldn't be nitpicking all of they things to do/don't do.
Amen Sister
You need to get a better job and pay the bills. When that happens you will understand.
No wonder he spends his time outside
Because we are the King!
no.. we mow the lawn in the bedroom too.
My hubby helps a lot around the house.
You will never figure this out.





It is a life long mystery.





Just smile... and do bad stuff to his stuff when he's not looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment