Thursday, January 21, 2010

How much should I spend on a house if I make 750k/year?Single,not married,no kids?

Is $1.4 million too much?My total monthly expenses are $6,500.I have a excellent credit score.How much should I spend on a house if I make 750k/year?Single,not married,no kids?
Depends on how much you are putting down. Based on $750K, your monthly income is 62.5K. Your total expenses (including mortgage) shouldn't exceed 30% of this ($18,750). Based on your expenses, you can 'afford' a mortgage payment of $12,250.





If you bought a house for 1.4MM with zero down, 25 year mortgage, at 6% interest, your payments would be around $9,000.





So yes, you can afford the house.


Is $1.4MM too much?


YESHow much should I spend on a house if I make 750k/year?Single,not married,no kids?
You should be able to afford it. What is sad is that you make this much money and have such a poor understanding of basic finance.
That would be 2x your annual income, and of course that is not too much. 3x annual income is a common benchmark although some people do spend more than that.
If you really make $750K a year, you should have a financial adviser.
Dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment