Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is it ok to have and hang out with opposite sex friends while married?

I am a female who has a lot of guy friends, some of whom were ex boyfriends. Can I still talk on the phone with and hang out with these guy friends when I'm dating someone or when I'm married, or will this definitely put strain on the relationship or marriage? Should I focus on developing more female friends? Will my significant other feel less important if I am hanging out with other guys?Is it ok to have and hang out with opposite sex friends while married?
Expect that DOLT husband of yours to urinate in your hair while you are asleep!Is it ok to have and hang out with opposite sex friends while married?
Firstly, would you be comfortable if your husband was in touch with her ex. girlfriend? Would you be okay if your husband was hanging out with other girls?





Marriage is a relationship of two different personalities, and as is in every relationship, there has to be sacrifices - one of them being realigning priorities. Your husband and your children take priority over everything else, the same way you should take priority over everything else for him. That does not mean that you do not have a life of your own. You do, but you have to be careful that the life you lead is not something that will affect him or your relationship in a bad way. Because what completes the woman in you is not your male friends, but your man. Without him, you would be a ';wo';.
I think it should always be okay, as long as you don't have feelings for any of these guys. But you need to be a with a guy who trusts you and you trust him. If your significant other doesn't want you hanging around your friends then they aren't worth it. Also, your guy friends shouldn't have any feelings for you. I'm sure that would but a strain on your relationship but I think that you just need to find a guy that you can be with and not worry about these kind of things.
I have a co-worker who has almost all male friends. She says that is one of the things that she and her husband of more than 10 years discussed that she would not stop hanging out with her long time male friends. Once the husband met these guys they are just as much friends with her husband as they are with her. They all go on outings and parties together.
You should contribute your time to thinking of ways to make the person you are with happy and cut loose of the phone calls and hanging out with the guy friends.Make some nice female friends. Your significant other could very well feel less important if you keep hanging with other guys.
Of course he will feel less important. Wouldn't you? When you get married you should devote your time to your spouse. You can still have friends but why hang out with opposite sex and cause friction with your husband? That is part of being married. Otherwise why get maried?
i found that to be totally acceptable at one point... except, once, after a nasty fight with my (first)wife, went over to my best female friend's house, she got me drunk, and one thing led to another, we f*cked each other's brains out.





I now keep all the female relationships totally 'casual' and nothing too intense.
It is not ok for married people to ';hang out'; with members of the opposite sex under any circumstances. It will only lead to trouble in Paradise.
Slutty. You have no reason being involved with your ex specially after being married.I hope he finds out and divorce your A$$.
Well that all depends on how secure your man is with this. Role reversal how would you feel with your man hanging out with other women and talking to them all the time??
No, it's not appropriate. I ditched all my male friends the second I got married - it's just what you have to do.
I do not feel that this is respectful behavior towards your new husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment