Saturday, January 23, 2010

Did any of you Army wives get married at seventeen or eighteen?

If you did, how did things turn out?





I know I posted this in another section, I just wanted to see what other answers I'd get in this section.Did any of you Army wives get married at seventeen or eighteen?
Well I was 21 years old and hubby was 18 when we got married. 3 days after we got married, he left for Army basic Training. Of course we heard the ';Your too young to get married'; ';You should wait until after he gets back from Basic and AIT'; ';You should wait about 1-2 years and then see how you feel';





Today, we have 3 girls and have been married 14 years and he is still in the Army.





We have had our ups and downs, and sometimes it felt like there have been more downs than ups. But I really wouldn't change marrying him when we did. It was extremely hard in the beginning and we did argue some days but everytime time I listen to that Shaina Twain it fits us.





Ain't nothin' better


We beat the odds together


I'm glad we didn't listen


Look at what we would be missin'





They said, ';I bet they'll never make it';


But just look at us holding on


We're still together still going strongDid any of you Army wives get married at seventeen or eighteen?
I was 23, and divorced the a**hole after barely 2 years because he cheated. It wasn't about age. It was about maturity (or lack thereof), expectations (he expected me to turn a blind eye), and opportunity.





I've been in the military since 1994, have met plenty of couples who married young and remain strong. Also many who married young and didn't make it (some unfortunately had kids...and it's the kids who suffer most in divorce). It boils down to having realistic expectations, and the love and desire it takes to make a marriage work. Cause it ain't easy. I'm happily remarried now.
I did and we have been happily married18 years and more in love today then we were then, we have a 17 year old son and my husband has been in the Army 15 years so far and just re enlisted.
I was 19 turning 20. I am now 20 turning 21, he is deployed, and I am 3 1/2 months pregnant, and we are very happy. We have been married for a little over a year now.
I wasn't much older I was 20 and my husband and I were both military. 11 years later we are still going strong. It is all about commitment, communication, compromise and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment