Monday, May 10, 2010

Who gives a crap whether gay people get married?

I certainly don't, it's not my business and it shouldn't be anybody elses.Who gives a crap whether gay people get married?
I imagine that gay people care a lot. But as straight people, it's not our concern if they do, but it is very much our concern if they are denied the right. Then we must fight with them.Who gives a crap whether gay people get married?
I feel like it's something that doesn't affect my life at all. I live in California and gays have already married...the sky has not fallen down yet. What are they going to do with those marriages anyways?





It's mainly propelled by the religious though---apparently, the Mormon Church has had a great deal of influence on Proposition 8.





Prop 8 (banning gay marriage in California) passed by a slight margin (just over 50%)---evidently, it's because the voter demographics changed---ie. more blacks voted in this election. Blacks tend to vote democratic, but they also tend to be socially conservative on issues like gay marriage due to the influence of the black church. Also, many blacks believe that being gay is a choice, while their skin color is not.





I'm not being racist or anti-religious with the above information. They are just statistics.





I don't get why people get so worked up about this---it's really debating semantics (the definition of 'marriage'). And it's untrue that churches will have to do marriage ceremonies for all gays (they can choose not to). Public schools never teach about regular marriage, so the claim that children will be indoctrinated with homosexuality is FALSE.
Everyone who voted, either way, on any gay marriage proposition. If they didn't give a crap, they wouldn't have voted on it at all.





I personally don't think that the state (the secular government) should recognize marriage (a religious institution) in any capacity. The thing is, that's probably never going to get on a ballot. If it does, I'll vote on marriage. If not, you kids have fun.





You obviously do care, and think it is your business, or you wouldn't have even asked this ';question';.
Gay people are evil. They broke a woman's cross and threw it down to shatter into pieces. Here in seattle they had gay people riding bikes and picking up kids, playing with them with their balls hangin out. Then they try to impose their sexual orientation on everyone like it's so fUk1n important, who cares? I give a crap because it's human indecensy. It's pervertedness. It's sick. It should be kept in the closet at all times. It's a disease.
The ';Yes on 8'; campaign was total FRAUD!





they used images of kids, and told CALIFORNIA that if this law didn't pass, YOUR CHILDREN would be indoctrinated into the GAY LifeStyle by minions of the PUBLIC SCHOOLS and that PARENTS would have no say at all in the matter. This was a TOTAL FRAUD advertising campaign!





If presented the FACTS of the issue straight out, I believe the Voting public would have given approval to GAY MARRIAGE.



I do because i support the right of a child to have parents of opposite sexes. A child should not have to be raised in a gay family. They will end up either really masculine or really feminine, which will give them hard times in life. They will be picked on, not have good social skills because they would only know how to interact with one gender, probably think of suicide because of being picked on and low self esteem, and of course more school shootings.
Since the beginning of time Marriage has been defined as between a man and a woman. I think it is ridiculous that my right to not have the definition of marriage be changed by some Judge who is legislating from the bench. They can't get married because that is not the definition of marriage.
People who don't have sex lives are jealous of those who do, thus wanting to be up in their business and tell other who and what is considered a relationship; sexual or otherwise.





I think everyone should be able to marry anyone else. Last I checked, we were all human.
I agree 100%! There are more important concerns in the country that should definitely take priority over restricting gays right to marriage.





Boo,


Get a life I served my country too. Look around you plenty of Gays also served, and deserve the right to be with whomever they choose. Don't use our sacred military as a means to bigotry.
I don't care, and I really honestly want people to quit debating it and discussing it! I think it's a HUGE waste of time! Our country has bigger things that need addressing. Whether or not a gay couple gets married PALES IN COMPARISON to our growing economic struggles!





GET REAL!
I don't care if straight people get married either. Why shouldn't the gays have as much right to be miserable as the rest of us?





Married 40 years and Adam and Steve or Eve and Bev won't have any effect on our marriage if they get married also.
Your spouse has more rights than my spouse, cause my spouse is not the one your religion approves of for me to devote my life and love to? What?
Totally agree. All this is are religious nuts wanting to burn gay people, figuratively and actually.
I do just like when a brother and sister get ';married'; or a man that has 10 wives get ';married'; while we are at it Man boy love needs equal rights to lol gays are wrong!
The majority of the Black citizens in California seemed to disagree with you.


I must say I agree with them.
Okeeeyy....since you don't give a ';crap'; about it, then why even start a discussion about it? Makes no sense.
No problem if they call it a union or life mates or what ever.Married is a man %26amp; women. Other than that they should have the same rights
More than 50% of California voters, apparently.
I agree. I've known a few well. They aren't hurting anyone.
Its more money Obombus can tax.. Hence the marriage tax penalty!





IMPEACH IN 09
I don't give a crap. I'm one of the 42% in California who voted NO.
Gays should be allowed
this has more to do with equal rights than getting married...
yeah who cares. if guys like other guys then so what
Don't tell me what should and should not be my business. I have a real problem with gays using the ';marriage term';. Those are my beliefs and I have every right to have them. I wore the uniform to ensure people have the freedom to have their own beliefs, so I would appreciate you not making a mockery out of the millions that have served to ensure you get your own opinion. But in the future keep them to yourself.
they have to make sure that everyone knows for some reason...disgusting...and who cares that california voted for it, that place is such a joke

No comments:

Post a Comment