Monday, May 10, 2010

My fiance is a corpsman. Could we live apart while I finish school after we get married?

I won't graduate college for a few years. My fiance is training to be a Naval Corpsman for the Marines and we want to get married as soon as possible without me having to quit school. We'd have to live apart for a little while but if its possible, I need to know how BAH works for couples who live apart and if it (E3 salary) would cover it. Anyone have any experience in this area?My fiance is a corpsman. Could we live apart while I finish school after we get married?
My fiance is in the Navy. The only way that the government will pay for both of you is if there is a legit reason for you not to be living together. I am not sure if schooling is one. If he lives in the baracks however, you can take his BAH. As for E3, go to military.com and you can look up how much his BAH is. Finally, call the Fleet and Family Support Center near you. They have premarriage class that teaches you about the benefits available to you. They can answer these questions for you. Best of Luck to you and him. Semper FiMy fiance is a corpsman. Could we live apart while I finish school after we get married?
If I'm not mistaken, you get paid according to where the spouse lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment